We're always on the look out for creative and talented people to join our growing team.
Interested? Email your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com and we'll take it from there.
Location: Central London
FMcM is a well-established specialist literary communications agency with a prestigious client list and a big reputation. The agency works with major publishing houses, world acclaimed authors, international literature festivals, prizes, charities and artists.
You will work alongside an award-winning team of publicists; you will imagine, create, plan, organise and implement fully integrated PR and digital campaigns and events. You will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience managing talent and publicising books in the UK market. With proven experience of working at a senior level you will have superb media contacts, excellent communication skills and the personality, ambition and energy to drive business and work to deadlines.
You will have a genuine interest in literature and cultural events and a demonstrable ability to engage with networks and influencers, and to react creatively to news stories and the cultural agenda.
We are looking for a strong team player and a proven manager who is able to work autonomously using initiative and lead. You will have demonstrated your ability to obtain strategically targeted publicity and be experienced in handling every aspect of author PR, working in close co-operation with authors and agents as well as publishers, editors, marketing and sales professionals.
- Defining the strategic vision of a campaign
- Managing a team to deliver stand-out communications campaigns across all platforms
- Building a network of key media and industry players around you
- Promote the service offering of FMcM, acting as a representative and advocate of the company
- Manage staff and encourage an environment of motivation, focusand engagement
- Interact and engage with all clients, authors and industry experts
- Contribute to the smooth running operation and culture of the business
Experience / skills required:
- Experience of book promotion in the UK across all platforms
- Experience ofmanaging a team of Communication professionals
- Experience of creating and executing stand-out communication campaigns
- A large network of senior media contacts
- Agency or big publishing house experience
- Experience of creating presentations and pitches
- Ability to think creatively and critically
- Excellent communication skills to gain client confidence and the ability to build consensus amongst a variety of stakeholders
How to apply: Email your CV with a brief covering letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: 10 July 2016.